Monday, October 2, 2017

Wake Me Up Before You Status Quo Quo



IXILAN TRACK DROPS THURSDAY

Rejoice!

STATUS QUO RADIO ANNIVERSARY STREAM SOON

The 10th Anniversary For Team Fortress 2 is coming up soon, which means it will be the second anniversary for Status Quo Radio. Most likely I'm probably going to do a listening party/concert, but I'll keep you all posted on the details. 
JAM OF THE WEEK: "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day



His name is Billie Joe Armstrong you fucking ingrates.


(Hopefully) it's October 1st when this gets out, but I've been seeing a lot of "WHUP! WE BETTER WAKE THAT GREEN DAY GUY UP"
Wake me up when september ends. Wake me up when september ends.. GREEN DAY GUY Y U NO HAVE ALARM CLOCK?. i've never seen an alarm clock that works by date, i've seen time and day of the week but not datehttp://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/september-ended-time-to-wake-up-the-guy-from-greenday.jpghttps://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1349212021840_7010797.png


I also say "And Also With You" on May The Fourth Be With You.

The song still gives me goosebumps every time. It was originally written about the death of Billie Joe Armstrong's father, as he died when BJA was only 10. Every time I hear it, I can't help but think of my own Dad, who got into Green Day around the time of 21st Century Breakdown and we went to both Madison Square Garden shows on that first tour. We also went both the Broadway showing of American Idiot, and the touring production when it came down here to Fort Lauderdale. So yeah, Green Day occupies a special place.

Despite all that, there's still  some problems. The music video sucks. The track doesn't fit in with the story of "American Idiot", although tonally it makes sense where it's placed on the album. The endless-
Image result for wake up green day
OK, this one is kinda neat.

No comments: