Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Status Quo Sunday Is Back With A Regular Feature

FLORIDA SUPERCON RETRO COSPLAY VIDEO


Yes! It's back!


JAM OF THE WEEK: "Mexico" by Alestorm

I was cranking this all night during my Ixilan Prerelease.

Alestorm is a band I first heard about through the Rock Band Network. The songs they put out there seemed more like thrash metal with violins and accordions, with songs like "Back Through Time" and "Shipwrecked", then the Pirate Rock of "Mexico".

Not a fan of the wraparound of the music video that this all taking place in a video game. The chiptune rendintion of the melody is nice, but it could have been left out and not much would have changed.

I'm just here for the song: A really silly party song about drinking in Mexico.


IXILAN THOUGHTS

Yo ho, Ixilan,
Down to the plane where Jace was Drawn
Vampires and Merfolk spawn
Ixilan, Ixilan

Yo ho Ixilan,
Down to the plane where Jace was Drawn
Dinosaurs for you to ride on,
Let's go to Ixilan

OK, I went 1-2 at the prerelease, so while I didn't do super well, but I can say that the Tribal theme is strong enough to matter, but not strong enough that you should focus on building a deck of that, especially in limited. Dinosaurs seemed to be the tribe that worked best, with fliers in white and big stompy dudes in green. Enrage was a big mechanic, and discouraged a lot of chump blocking.

So, yeah, Green Dinos gave me the most trouble. I'm curious to see if there are any other combos that work well, but yeah, I'm walking the dinosaur this time around.
Image result for Ixalan

No comments: