Sunday, October 22, 2017

Don't Not Start Status Quo Sunday

PATREON IS STILL GOING ON!

I just posted an update to all of my Patrons about some cool stuff I got planned, and will be releasing the first Patreon song THIS WEEK!

CON NEWS! IWAI AND HOLMAT CONFIRMED!
I just confirmed with Holiday Matsuri that I will be playing a show AND hosting another very special event!

Combine this with my upcoming show at Anime Iwai AND being a part of the 3000 Brigade Show, the next couple of months are going to be VERY busy for me!

I will post my Anime Iwai schedule next week when I have a better idea of what time all the other stuff is, but the one thing I do know for sure is the 3000 Brigade show will be at 8 PM on Saturday night!

JAM OF THE WEEK: "Don't Let's Start" by They Might Be Giants

I know nothing about The Adventure Zone other than the fact that the McElroy brothers do it, and what I saw in this. I chose this particular video since it was actually cleaner than the "official" versions.

"Don't Let's Start", like many other songs by They Might Be Giants, doesn't scan very well on a focused listen, relying on little lyrical gut punches as opposed to a cohesive whole. When they appeared on A.V. Undercover to cover "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba, they said that Tubthumping was most like a They Might Be Giants song, because it is composed of smaller episodes, and that really helped put this song into perspective: It's just meant to be a catalog of small, dark moments that apparently mean nothing, and according to the band were made up to compliment the melody.

Just like depression!

ORLANDO NERD FEST PRESENTS FANTOKU: FANTASY TOKUSATSU NERD FEST

Orlando Nerd Fest is (kinda) back! Fantoku is a two day nerd music extravaganza with lots of DJs and musical performances and awesome vendors in probably the nerdcore epicenter: The Geek Easy!

I'm looking forward to it, and AT LEAST going Saturday, since on Sunday I've got 3000 Brigade Rehersals, and it's literally the next weekend.

No comments: