Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Status Quo Sunday Really Wants You To Kickstart Suplex Saga


SUPLEX SAGA IS NOW ON KICKSTARTER
 Suplex Saga
I've been keeping this under my hat for too long, and now it's out there!

Suplex Saga, a wrestling themed RPG game that I did music for is now available on Kickstarter! It looks really fun from what they've shown me, with Chrono Trigger style graphics and Paper Mario style combat!

JAM OF THE WEEK: "Suplex Saga Music" by Rhythm Bastard

That battle theme is probably my favorite thing I've written. The main beat behind it was that I had the idea to use the cadence of wrestling chants as a rhythmic guideline.

Example: "Dan-iel Bry-an! *clap clap clapclapclap* (1-2-3-4, 1-2-3and4)

Once I had that, it was very simple to write. It wasn't easy, since I did a lot of research into my favorite RPG battle songs and had to pick out little elements that make them workm but I think what I have here can hang with the best of them.

I hope this gets funded so I can work in other cadences like "New - Day Rocks" (1-rest-and3-rest) and the Amen Break of Chants, "Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks" (1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-rest)

ACTUAL JAM OF HE WEEK "I Am Alive (Rick and Morty Remix)" by Chetreo

I'm glad we have new Rick and Morty. The past episodes have been a little off, and little heavy with the whole BETH AND JERRY ARE DIVORCED plot that's the new driving force, but I came for goofy sci-fi mixed with dark humor, and that's what I've been getting.

This? I just like that hook. Let Morty's pleading fill you with warm fuzzies and uplift you in the sad times.

Like most stuff you see out of Rick and Morty, it's easy to put on a T-shirt, or in this case, remix, but gets miserable when you put it in context. Mr. Meeseeks are blue creatures that make have a violent knee-jerk reaction and Minion flashbacks, but serve to highlight how fleeting some of the things we want can really be. Contrast how easily they were able to handle Summer's "I want to be more popular" and Beth's "I want to be a more complete woman" which sound very abstract vs. Jerry's "I want to be better at golf".

Or this past week's episode with Pickle Rick. Rick turns himself into a pickle to get out of family therapy.

"I Am Alive" is remixing Robo-Morty achieving self-awareness.

GAME TALK
So, after hearing fellow podcast hosts Mystakin and Weff jerk their dicks over how fucking great A Link To The Past Randomizer was, I decided to fill in some of the gaps in my Super Nintendo To Play List (since I went right from the NES to the N64). I'm having fun with it so far, and you can see my progress below:


I also beat Hotline Miami, while difficult, was way better than say Nuclear Throne of Dark Souls in the "Here's where you screwed up" category. Still, I get its reputation as "Indie Game Series Worth Checking Out".

No comments: