Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Summer Status Quo Sunday Slam Masters

This week's jam, straight from Rock Band 4:


Yeah, Rock Band 4 news came out Monday, which means we were late again. And be we, I mean me.

KICKSTARTER/ALBUM NEWS:
OK, so I know I said the Kickstarter would be ready by Monday, August 24th. That day is passed, and while I have the copy all written out, the best I can guarantee is that it is being worked on. It's a big deal for me, and trying to get people to proofread it is like pulling teeth. However, it's all set to release in time for NEXT weekend.

UPCOMING SHOWS:
Umicon Daytona! All I need is confirmation for When. The bands play Friday, and I'm going to see what time that all starts so I can let you know and make the arrangements. S.S. Hanami will also be playing, so you can look forward to that. Gonna have a couple more new songs added to the repertoire. I really liked the set I played at Orlando Nerd Fest, so I'm going to build on that, since I would presumably have more time than 30 minutes, but for me, I'd rather have an intense 30 minute set than an hour where a lot of stuff gets thrown in.

MORE MUSIC:
Stuff is being conceptualized and written, but nothing to talk about yet, since I want to get the Kickstarter off the ground first.

STREAMING?
Been doing it more, actually! Last Saturday I played The Consuming Shadow (GREAT GAME, BTW) and Lovely Planet. I'm going to try and stream Wednesday once I receive my IndieBox for this month.

WARNING! WRESTLING TALK AHEAD!
NXT: Takeover was great, as usual. I'll probably have it in the BG while I stream Wednesday which is certainly not today. Bailey finally gets her due by winning the NXT Women's Title, Finn Balor remains top dog in an intense ladder match, and Blue Pants helped the Vaudevillains to victory.

Summerslam, less so. Cena/Rollins and Undertaker/Lesnar were great matches, and Stephen Amell, while a bit "off rhythm" did a way better job than I was expecting so good on him.

Jon Stewart became America's Greates Face by hitting John Cena with a chair, then Cena revealed himself as a puppet of Fox News and World Dirtiest Heel by giving Stewart an AA the night afterwards. Even Stephanie McMahon was like "Yeah, you beat up Jon Stewart who everyone loves, what the fuck is wrong with you". If this isn't indicative of a heel turn, then fuck wrestling. Or not. I'll still watch it.






No comments: