Monday, August 17, 2015

Status Quo At AFO


Switchin up the format a little bit
MUSIC NEWS:
Before you think, "HEY ASSHOLE! QUIT FUCKING ABOUT WITH YOUR QUEERMO FRIENDS AT ANIME FESTIVAL ORLANDO AND LET US KNOW WHEN YOUR MAGIC: ORIGINS SONG IS COMING OUT!"

Normally, I would not respond to such a rude request, but I was going to mention that next THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Yeah, I finished writing my verse tonight, will record it this week, and post up a demo version with Gideon and Jace's verse ASAP.

Remember I'll be moving soon, so I'll try to record some new songs once moving is done, but until then I'm going to have a lot of concepts/demos. maybe even play one of these new songs at UmiCon Daytona or whatever the next con I'm playing is.

ALBUM/KICKSTARTER NEWS:
I'm finishing up the "libretto" (Lyrics and Spoken Word sections) to send to someone special. I got a week until the 24th, SO I BETTER NOT FUCK IT UP!

Which hopefully I get a good stretch of time to work on the Kickstarter copy.

Regardless, Status Quo Radio IS GOING TO BE THE REALEST THING YOU EVER SAW
this week's in jammitude:


TV on the Radio is one of those weird cases in the realm of indie bands, where their singles the only songs on that album with a pulse. Same with others, like Phoenix and Foster The People. (though those two represent the sliding scale of "1 car commercial song/11 plodding instrumentals" to "We're going to stay the speed limit").

Still, it doesn't take away from the energy, but be warned that while the album "Seeds" is well done, it's slooooooow goooooinggggg.

"Lazerray" is going to be in the upcoming Guitar Hero and, from the sound and looks of the music video, the next Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

SPEAKING OF SONGS IN TONY HAWK:


Yes, I went to Anime Festival Orlando, no I wasn't performing. It sucks, but it's still a really great con/music lineup. Random Encounter and Geekapella played, DJ Roborob and Ben Briggs DJed during the rave, which a lot of people from Orlando Nerd Fest helped out with. Also, Mervyn McCoy (who did the album cover for Status Quo Radio) and ZIppertan (artist and cosplayer) from Paperlab Studios, #SoFloConBros had a table in the artists alley, caught EyeQ and Rob from SS Hanami, cosplayers/other performers I've met before. Did some Brand Consulting for King Pheenix....

So, like, a solid third of my Facebook Friends were there :D

Didn't see any guests, but ran the tables at the Modern Magic The Gathering tourney and I finally got to get in a round of Arena Of The Planeswalker, the new Magic The Gathering Board Game:
https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic2411639.jpg
It took three people to decipher the rules. Not because it was hard, or there were too many (any of the Magic The Gathering stuff plays more like Yu-Gi-Oh), but that the instructions were poorly written. It gave us Step 1 and Step 3, but no Step 2.

Once the game got going, every one seemed to like it, even though there were two people not really familiar with Magic.

Til next week!

No comments: