Monday, July 13, 2015

Status Quo Sunday Remembers Iwata, Then Gives It To Ya

First the bad news: President of Nintendo Satoru Iwata just died.  The man was nothing short of awesome. He was an amazing programmer, and his accomplishments include helping debug Super Smash Bros Melee to make its release date, rebuilding Earthbound from scratch in record time, porting the Pokemon battle system from the Game Boy Games to the Nintendo 64 for Pokemon Stadium, AND compressing Pokemon Gold and Silver to fit the Kanto region in there.

On top of all of that, when the Wii U wasn't meeting sales expectations, he cut his salary in half so that his employees wouldn't feel the burden. Can you imagine an AMERICAN CEO doing that, let alone one in the gaming industry?

RIP Iwata.

This week's jam:


Sigh...

I saw the leaked Deadpool trailer. I didn't want to see it, go in fresh, and let the movie impress me... but I really liked what I saw.

I read the leaked script, so I was expecting a couple of the story beats, save for the ONE NEW CHARACTER, but it looks like there will be enough to surprise me. Also, I didn't hear the word Chimichanga ONCE, so while they're leaning hard on being an over-the-top R-Rated action/comedy, there will be no Waypool.

For those of you further behind, Waypool refers to writer Daniel Way, who wrote the character for most of the late 2000's. Now imagine someone wrote Deadpool based on cosplayers and 4chan "Best Of" Posts from 4chan's /b/ board. Not /co/ where you might get some discussion, but /b/.

Also, it was announced that Joe Kelly and Ed McGuinness, the team behind the first year of Deadpool's first ongoing series, will come back to write a Deadpool/Spiderman series.

Now, for the bad news: President of Nintendo Satoru Iwata just died.  The man was nothing short of awesome. He was an amazing programmer, and his accomplishments include helping debug Super Smash Bros Melee to make its release date, rebuilding Earthbound from scratch in record time, porting the Pokemon battle system from the Game Boy Games to the Nintendo 64 for Pokemon Stadium, AND compressing Pokemon Gold and Silver to fit the Kanto region in there.
On top of all of that, when the Wii U wasn't meeting sales expectations, he cut his salary in half so that his employees wouldn't feel the burden.

RIP Iwata.

OK, Rhythm Bastard News!

MUSIC/MAGIC NEWS:
Played at my prerelase! Went 1-2 and dropped.

My "Try To Write Something, Anything During Lunch Break" is working out pretty good. Should have new stuff soon. I wanted to finish my Origins Rap, but I might just put up my section for Jace as a little preview. The verse is ready to go, but I still need to find 3 female MCs (not a lot of people there), who play Magic (a very limiting Venn Diagram)

KICKSTARTER NEWS:
Art times fun times! The poster design is being worked on and looking spectacular, and my T-shirt design is in the beginning stages. Once those are finished and I nail down the budget, we'll go live!

Basically the main theme of this week is that I'm finally committing things to paper, and at least it's better than me talking in generalities.

UPCOMING SHOWS:
It's almost midnight, and I want to do this by Sunday, BUT next week I'll hopefully have more details regarding my shows. Sometime throughout the week, I'll update the sidebar and send out a newsletter.

FOR THOSE OF YOU FURTHER BEHIND:
Chibi Pa Sampler- 
July 26th
 Doubletree by Hilton
Deerfield Beach, FL

Orlando Nerd Fest- 
August 10th
The Geek Easy
Orlando, FL


 YO, SHUT THE FUCK UP I FOUND A BETTER TRAILER THIS WEEKEND:



No comments: