Sunday, May 12, 2013

Status Quo Sunday and the Hallmark Holiday

All right, so if it weren't for various Mother's Day obligations, I'd be at least a point where I can say "OK, this thing is officially started". However, I have managed to finish re-recording everything except the bass and vocals. Vocals are vocals, and bass is a lot of "OK, I got that section down, that's fine"

The two main guitars I wanted to get out of the way first since
1, They're going to be the first thing the listener hears and
2. They set the sound for the rest of the album. I'll be switching between the "clean" guitars and the "distorted" guitar tracks a lot, and I want them to sound right.

The first song "Status Quo Radio" you can listen to here (in it's earlier form), but I'm rerecording it:


So I've been trying to make it sound like 60's protopunk/garage rock. Reposted from Tumblr:

“Status Quo Radio” was the hit song by popular rock band The Bastards, that reached the top of the charts back in 1968. They are comprised of drummer, Beat Bastard, bassist, Bass Bastard, lead guitarist and piano player Lead Bastard, and rhythm guitarist and songwriter Rhythm Bastard.
They’re best known for their catchy songs, matching purple suits and having corporate logos on their instruments.
Each member of their band has “real names” but their managed decided they’d be more marketable by changing their names ala The Ramones.
Their biggest moment was when they performed “Status Quo Radio” on the hottest music show on KQUO, “Live From The Gravel Pit” However, on that fateful day, groupies rushed the stage causing a horrible catastrophe, resulting in the deaths of Bass and Beat Bastard, the loss of Lead Bastard’s hand, and Rhythm Bastard’s sight.

So yeah, little insight.

Also, I released "Lord I Miss Deadly Premonition" is doing gangbusters right now as on Soundcloud, after I put it up on Reddit, and am working on the video thusly!

No comments: