Friday, April 17, 2009

April 15th Open Mic Night

OK, here goes (GOLD- Aced, ***- Barely made through, **-F'ed up)

"Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" by Jet- *****
This one went really well. My opening banter kicked ass, I hit on some girls at the "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" breakdowns (one even got jealous when I did another table). I only messed up at the end when I forgot how I was supposed to end.

"Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack Of Hearts" by Bob Dylan- **
Tried to do a Punk Cover (all open chords 5ths) but worked out sub-par, and I forgot half the words, and my string broke... It's like I ACTUALLY FAILED THE SONG AS IF I WAS IN ROCK BAND...

"Clash City Rockers" by The Clash- GOLD
So I came back, and played this little number. First song I played was my last song at the Tabler Cafe open mic.

P.S. The Intervarsity Christian Fellowship lied to me there was no Open Mic it was last year. However, I DID find a new location to play at. So more on that later.

No comments: