Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Status Quo Sunday Gets That Vampire Money

MTG: RIVALS OF IXILAN REVIEW

Song is coming out soon for Patrons!

I haven't done a song like this in a while, and it's hard for me to get back into it.

I also attended a prerelease, and went 3-1!

My deck was primarily WB Vampires. splashing Red for 2 Bombards and Angrath. Vona, Butcher of Magan and Tetzimoc were my other good pulls. The major downside was that it lacked an impressive early game, so I fell behind quite a bit.

https://res.cloudinary.com/csicdn/image/upload/c_pad,h_300,w_300/v1/Images/Products/mtg%20art/Rivals%20of%20Ixalan/full/TetzimocPrimalDeath.jpg

Tetzimoc works a bit like Doomsayer in Hearthstone, from a strategy standpoint: Really great when you want to discourage playing new creatures, not so much when you want active removal. Your opponent will smell your desperation. But I can see it working in as a Late Game board clear. Limited and Commander.

FRIDAY NIGHT MYSTERIES: 2064: EPISODE 3

UMMMM... THEY WERE DEAD WHEN I GOT- oh Snes games!

Yeah, so I'm REALLY enjoying doing this series. This game is well paced enough that I can make each stream feel like an episode of a series and that, for me, is way more comfortable then what I do with Rectangular Reckoning, which is "do a thing for an hour then quit".

Turing has also REALLY grown on me, and I've compared them to Clementine that we corrupt instead of them making us better. Odd coincidence, that Turing's VO is Mellisa Hutchinson who is Clementine in The Walking Dead and Anna in Deadly Premonition. Also she voices someone in Magic: The Gathering Battlegrounds. Uh... Sure?

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/l/123921-magic-the-gathering-battlegrounds-windows-front-cover.png

Up next after 2064: Read Only Memories is DanganRonpa 1 and 2, another series I've been looking forward to.

JAM OF THE WEEK: "Vampire Money" by My Chemical Romance

I went 3-1 with my Vampire Deck at Prerelease.

No, but this album on the whole is definitely a shock to everyone coming off of Welcome To The Black Parade. Not only that, but it's a song about "Oh, you wanted US to be on the Twilight Soundtrack? HAHAHAHA NO!" Feels like a double heel turn with how much of a slam dunk that would have sounded like in 2006.

But, no The Black Parade is a genius album, and My Chemical Romance do as they please.

Plus it name drops David Bowie!

No comments: