Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Status Quo Radio Doesn't Want You To Get It On

PATREON SONGS! ON YOUTUBE!

Slowly, but surely, I'm getting shit together here on this Patreon front. A little writer's block, but nothing too bad. I should have it out by the end of the week.

In the meantime, I'm putting up some of the Patreon songs on YouTube to cover all my bases.

Also, one HUGE bonus for Patrons: I'm starting to work on what songs I want to do/redo for my 10 Year Anniversary Album, and I'm going to let Patrons pick some of the songs that I put on there! There's some "Windmill Slams" on there, but I want to know some of the ones I should prioritize.

FRIDAY NIGHT MYSTERIES PRESENTS: 2064: READ ONLY MEMORIES EPISODE 4

When I do these things, I feel I'm not meant to be a Let's Player, and I realize that I'm really quiet during these streams. But it's OK, because this game has a lot going on, and me jabbering over it would take from the game. Whereas last episode there was a lot of death and mystery going on, this week has it all: personal drama, intrigue, and special guests Dan Ryckert and Xavier Woods.

For a game that's filled with hacker cyberpunk mystery, and aforementioned guest stars, there is a lot of discussion about things like identity and San Francisco tech culture. Some of it can get a little text dumpy, but it's really good world to wrap myself in while I'm playing.

JAM OF THE WEEK: "Genghis Khan" by Miike Snow


That little "Whoo hoo hoo" is now stuck in your head.

There's nothing wrong with that, because it's an insanely catchy song. My historian friend is going to nitpick this to shred, it's pretty straightforward: it's about a guy who's super possessive of his partner. It's calming, it's soft and knows when to kick in.

http://supplenam.com/contenido/uploads/2016/08/flexslider_GenghisKhan18.jpg

However, what lends the song its popularity the music video. Typical James Bond scenario, only we see the villain go back to his shitty relationship and is like "Dang, that spy I captured is hella cute, I want him instead." These days a music video needs to have a concept to ride on, and it's entertaining enough.


No comments: