Saturday, August 6, 2016

PODCAST RECPAS FOR 8/6/2016: Hype Fights With A Cartoon Turtle

WE HAVE A RADIO STATION!

Currently Up:
  • Echo Chamber Episodes 1-10
  • Echo Chamber Episodes 160-167
  • I'd Rather Not Episodes 1-12
 I seriously need to catch up on these... I WILL be adding more this weekend.



ECHO CHAMBER EPISODE 175
 
-Here's the press release that has all the Rock Band Rivals details.

Lots of interesting stuff in there, but that $30 price point without any extra DLC is very hard to justify. I guess with the pre-order bonuses, it's a little better, but imagine NOT being a Rock Band fanatic or getting into it the first time and looking at that. The preorder DLC is good, making for some great party times, so I can at least use that as an excuse.

The problem is that I don't think the new features are worth $30 on their own. Both are great modes, but I'll have to wait until we have more details to see how deep they go.

Rockudrama looks stupid and ridiculous, which is exactly what I wanted from this.

The Rivals mode has me excited and if Pokemon Go is anything to go by, people love being part of arbitrary teams. As long as the challenges keep up like a Hearthstone or something, I can see people checking back in daily to help out their crew.

-Fitbit: Are They The New Subject Of Numerous Thinkpieces?

Arcanon had a picture up on his instagram that showed he got 1337 steps and I'm furious I can't embed those images into this website's CMS. Either way, I'm glad this and Pokemon Go are helping people move around more.

So, to make up for that, here's a picture of Fitbits and Vape Rigs:

-Echo Chamber Creepypasta: One secret episode that IU listened to at 6:66 PM it was really scary and Rhythm Bastard started screaming and Jeff said how much he loves anime and Arcanon said how much he hated anime and then hyperrealistic blood came out of my headphones.

-Miley Cyrus's "Can't Be Tamed"

Wow, where did all that shit come from? EDM has a habit of going from 0-60 in a matter of measures. It did chart the most interesting part of the song, though.

It is possible to chart EDM, as evidence by Mr. Owen himself:

And also Arcanon:


-I leave you now with this comic from markraas :

ECHO CHAMBER EPISODE 176

-Type Rider I was expecting to have a story like Braid or Limbo or something where there was a greater story in the background, but it's refreshing to see an edutainment game present differently than what we're used to. 

-Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing/Mario Teaches Typing were some of the big games when I was a kid (at least that I could play while I'm in school). Thought I question how much that really helped us with typing since the whole "Home Row" thing never stuck. Like, as I type this it's half muscle memory and half me looking at my keyboard and jamming shit in as fast as I can and OH GOD I'M LOOKING AT MY HANDS WHILE TYPING I AM NOW MANUALLY BREATHING SOMEONE HELP. 

-The Daigo Parry Video we were talking about is impressive even without knowing all the mechanics:

This article as goes into detail on how this moment works, but what I find fascinating is that Justin Wong could have won by DOING NOTHING. In a game like Magic The Gathering, you can see the level of strategy step by step. In Hearthstone, it also shows you the past few spells cast so you can go back and see what happened. 

But in fighting games, all of that happens at a way faster pace. If you've ever had trouble pulling of a Shoryuoken consistently, imagine having to not only be able to pull it off on demand, but also devote mental energy to playing what is essentially MtG without the benefit of stopping.
For me, this moment would be HBox's Bracket Reset at this past EVO: 

No offense to Armada, who gave Hungrybox a HELL of a run for his money and could have easily taken it, but he looks like someone or knows someone who has unironically uttered the words "Cultural Marxism". 

-Top tier meme:
-This is the Mew Card that was a promo for Pokemon The Movie 2000:
Translate:
Mew w/ 30 HP
2 PSI Energy- Psychic: 40 Damage

-80's Overwatch Setlist has at least 2 not 80s songs on the playlist, but it's still got tons of fucking awesome jams:


I see Mr. Robot all the time during WWE Raw, and the first episode got a little too close to home for me as far as his mental problems go. It's brilliant, but it got too real to me. 

Klingons wouldn't be that tough because of what's known as The Worf Effect.

For those of you further behind, Worf is a character on Star Trek: The Next Generation from the Klingon species. He's a warrior, but he always gets his ass kicked to show how tough the antagonist is as if to say "If they can be Worf, they must be the baddest mofo in the universe!"


The bit where we talk about Office Hours and the cafeteria sounds reasonable compared to the other shit talk about. 


60% of Twitter went with job security because, duh, millenials. 

999 has 6 endings, and Virtue's Last Reward has 9. Though I think VLR has like 24 tracks. 

I've never read any HP Lovecraft shit, so my only "Cthulu God" knowledge comes from C'thun of Hearthstone, the Eldrazi in Magic The Gathering and Cthulu Saves The World. 

Benny's scenario in I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream's Good Ending, where this happens:


Me according to John and Andy:
http://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-vector-cartoon-turtle-wearing-sunglasses-163216706.jpg

Also, John is a fucking idiot, because I do not do leg day on a machine. SQUATS FOR DAYS, DEADLIFTS FOR EON, LOWER BODY GAME STRONG AS FUCK.

No comments: