Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Status Quo... Wednesday?

NEW BIZNEZZ:
Yeah, Status Quo Sundays are now on Wednesday, just to get some space in between updates here on the site.

I'm still going to be in "HOLY SHIT WRITE" mode Sunday, but then it'll be ready to post Wednesday instead of kinda late on Monday. I'm still gonna find a way to fuck it up though.

SHOW OUTTA NOWHERE!









Saturday, June 25th, 6:30 PM
Markee Music
1700 S Powerline Rd
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442

My voice coach invited me to play this event as part of a showcase. A lot of people are going to be there, and it's going to be a lot of fun!

THIS WEEK'S JAM:


Yeah, I've been on a Reel Big Fish kick recently. This has always been a standout track of theirs, not necessarily because it's the best, but because it features NO HORNS (except maybe I missed them. I dunno. I'm not that smart).

It's like another big song of theirs, "Beer". Beer has more trappings of ska, but it's still a song where you can take out the horns, play it as a punk band still get the full experience. What I'm getting at is that Aaron Barrett is really good at his job and a really good songwriter.

FLORIDA FANDOMANIA:
It's a first year con I really hoped would be successful, since I knew a lot of people involved with it. 

However, a lot didn't end up working out at Florida Fandomania. I got there early to do a soundcheck, then little by little, panels and appearances fell through, mostly due to low attendance due to the events that happened in Orlando the weekend prior. At the end of the day, I wasn't able to play.
Also, the lights were shutting off occasionally because of the weather. No one to blame, though except terrible luck.

Though it turns out Eric Stuart can write some damn good music, and you can check out his band, Eric Stuart Band, here.

I was able to get a corner table though, and met plenty of new people, so it wasn't bad, it just could have been better.


STATUS QUO STREAMING:
I'm working on setting up a weekly stream where I can set aside some time to jam out in public, like a mini-preformance, maybe learn a cover or something, then play games, maybe with you guys.

Tonight, for the inaugural stream, I was thinking of streaming the first hour of World Of Warcraft (since I got a free trial on Battle.Net) or maybe some Hearthstone, whatevs.



No comments: