Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 15th, 2011 Videos Of The Week

We've got a nice little collection going for the playlist!

LIVE VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "Bang Bang Rock N' Roll" by Art Brut in Cologne


I first heard this song in Saints Row 1, a game that was a lot better than I was expecting for a supposed "GTA Clone" released in the first year of the Xbox 360's lifecycle. Yahtzee recommened #2, but I started with the first, because "Look At Me (I'm A Winner)!" was in the game. Then I realized I could have burned the entire Charge! Album on to my 360 (gamertag RhythmBstrd).

I put it as the live video not because the performance itself is particularly interesting, but because it's the clearest version of said song on YouTube.

And, you know, because the tune itself kicks ass, and it fit in perfectly with the madcap anarchy of the Saints Row series.

What's Art Brut up to now? Lead singer Eddie Argos appeared on Akira The Don's new version of Living In The Future (2.5 to be precise) requesting Ghostbusters 3.

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "You Get What You Give" by New Radicals


In Part 2 of "The Rhythm Bastard Shares Music From His Childhood", we come upon "You Get What You Give" by New Radicals.

Even in this day and age, it still fills me with hope for future, which is the kind of thing we all need right now.

The RIAA and MPAA can make it a felony to stream video with copyrighted music in it, even 100% FC FB RB runs.

We're sucking the dicks of the rich, who not only don't give back, but ship off jobs to other countries.


Even when rich people steal right from under our noses, and take everything to leave behind a scorched Earth, they only get a slap on the wrists.

Human life is just another commodity to these fuckers, like oil.

But when I listen to this song and see this video, all of that fades away, and I think that someday, we can win.

No comments: