Sunday, April 25, 2010

Kelly Fest Post Game

Whew! It's been a hell of a weekend, but I'm ready to make a post.

All right, my set started around 1:10, and the guy in charge of booking let me get set up. The great thing was that he let my set go on as long as it needed. I was planning on 15 minutes, but it ran on for a bit longer.

Break it down!

No, not you, JFlo.

OK, that was cool. But just roll with it.

ARE YOU GONNA BE MY GIRL- *****
Eh, the sound was off, and I got lost like once, but everyone seemed to be into it.
I got applause at the end.

HOLIDAY- ****
I played this at Tabler Open Mic before, and got a lukewarm response. The difference this time, was that the audience had to prove that they rock harder than Tabler.
Messed up the solo, but other than that, it went over pretty good.

KNOWLEDGE- ***
This is the point where things seemed to go down hill. I kept losing my place. That's the big drawback with working on a backing track. If I don't hear a particular fill or riff, I'm lost.

RADIO DAYS PART I- ****
Picked it up a bit here. Messed up the solo, but the rest seemed OK.

FORCE A NATURE- ***
See Knowledge. But I NAILED both those solos.

DAYMAN- *****G
PERFECT SONG TO GO OUT ON! I even got a guy to come up and sing with me! I didn't have a loop going, but the "acoustic" version was just as good.

No comments: