Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Keeping Up With The Bastards

As it's become heir apparent, I've been putting less time in to learning Rock Band songs, and more time in RBN and my own music.

There's been two reasons for that:
1. I feel like I need to update if there's no song done, which is why I might skip Train Kept A Rollin' and Green Grass and High Tides. Like most of these upper tier songs, the main riff is simple, followed by a 2 minute long solo. As much as an accomplishment those two songs are, I just can't see myself memorizing all of that at a rate where I'd have regular updates. I could do smaller updates, but it feels like a cop-out when I crank one of those out.

2. Playing other people's songs has given me a penchant for playing my own. I know everything I do is bootleg right now (PUNK RAWK DON'T CARE). My guitar playing is slightly better than total amateur, my singing voice sucks, and I can't write a drum part.

I am up to learning the solo to "Flirtin' With Disaster", and that's really the cut off for me as far as solo lengths go.

Now, on to shit that's been occupying me time:
RBN- Working on the vocals for "Steven Wells". "OMG HE TALKS SO FAST! THE VERSES ARE THE HARDEST PARTS!" I say. Then come the choruses: "Oh, you tone-def Bastard. Clearly I'm the greater niusance! Automatic voice charting has given you nothing!" Then I smack Phil around for a few minutes and have some tea.
Hopefully soon I can get the drum tabs from ATD. If not, I need someone with a good ear for drums.

My Music- I have a few songs in the pipeline. A country-style song, "Radio Days" will be ready as soon as my cold clears up. Then there's another song I did called "Gonzo" which I'll aim to have out February 20th for obvious reasons. Then there's another song I made called "Axe Cop" because for some reason I come up with weirder shit sober.

The next big Open Mic Night is February 23rd. There's one tomorrow night, but it's snowy here in NY, and I don't think I feel like wheeling all my shit to the train station.

I'll try to add some new links in the sidebar this week.

No comments: