Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm With The Band and Other Stuff

1. I'm officially in a band now, and we had our first rehearsal today. It was an experience to say the least. I'm not going to say anything optimistic, because as we all know whatever predictions I type on this blog turn to fail. But some highlights:
-Lugging a heavy 30 W amp on the LIRR, to a meeting with a professor to the rehearsal, ON HEAVY LEG DAY. Everyone wonders how I got so jacked. Well, now you know: I lug heavy shit around all day. But do I skip legs in my workouts? NO. All these jackasses who say they don't work legs because "they already walk" are full of shit. Unless you're either me on a day where I play guitar or your job is go give sumo wrestlers piggy back rides, then try a deadlift or two.
-Setting up with a friend of mine and meeting the drummer. He seems cool. We played "Seven Nation Army" while waiting for our singer to show up. Started playing "Tom Sawyer" and "Enter Sandman" while I was messing around with those riffs.
-Singer half an hour late. To be fair, only the drummer knew where this on-campus drum room is.
-Singer bringing his guitar, but not his amp. And we were supposed to be playing a song he wrote.
-DAYMAN!!! AAaaaAAahhh!! FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN!!! AaaaAAaaHH!! CHAMPION OF THE SUN!!! AAAAaaaAAAahh! YOU'RE A MASTER OF KARATE AND FRIENDSHIP TO EVERYONE!!
-Bassist? Ha ha, what bassist?

2. National Novel Writing Month has be motivated to other things, and be more apt to set more strict goals for myself. So I will be shooting for one song a week, starting Sunday, because Saturday I have a review, and Sunday will be a Bonus Song.

No comments: