Wednesday, May 27, 2009

YEAAAAAAAH!!!

WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN
First off, work on your basic open chords A (-02220) and D (--0232) for the verses.
G (320033) is the next most used chord, particularly in the after chorus breakdowns.

-----------A -----------D
We'll be fighting in the streets
-----------A------------D
With our children at our feet
-----------A--------------D-------------E---C-G
And the morals that they worship will be gone
----------A----------------D
And the men who spurred us on
------------A------------D
Sit in judgement of all wrong
------------A----------D--------E----C-G
They decide and the shotgun sings the song
E (022100) and C (-32010) are used here.
The Who is one of those bands where they really don't "sync up", but are still a well composed group. Instead of the drum and bass being the backing rhythm for the guitar it was the other way around. Not to say that they didnt have some sweet solos, it's that the main focus is the drum section.
Now, I "cheated" a bit with this song, and played what could be considered the "acoustic version". Yes, I know I'm anti-everything acoustic, but I just played the chords in the same rhythm. If you look at the tab as well as the note chart on RB, it looks like there's more going on.
The shapes of the chords I played (A and D) are still held, however different sections are picked as if it were a lead guitar.
Now, the solos I can't really help you with, but I can give a tip:
In a section like this:
e---------4---2---0---------7---------4-----2---------4----------7--
B------------------------------------------------------------------------
G--2/4---4---x------5-/7------2/4---4---x-2-/4------2/4-----
Slide from the 2 to the 4th fret using the ring finger, so you don't have to move your hand. Stuff like that. Not a whole lot I can do at this point. The hard parts at this point are the solos, but I still gave something to think about right?
Also, for the interludes after the chorus, refer to "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?" for how to switch between G and D efficiently.
Now, how can I foreshadow the next update while still referencing this one?
MEDIC!












Looks like that doctor....










Just got a taste of his own medicine...
YEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

No comments: