Thursday, January 15, 2009

Putting My Girl In The Limelight

Here it is, DOUBLE SONG UPDATE!!!!

LIMELIGHT
FYI, I'm skipping Creep for the sake of my wrist, and because I hate the song. Everything I've struggled through, but not Creep. It's not like it's a hard song, it's that I shouldnt be attempting barre chords like that when I'm recovering.

Hardest part was a -GASP!- Three way tie!

The chorus riff:
B------------------------------0------------------0-------
G-----------4----6------------------3------------------2--
D--------4------------------2------------------4----------
A-----6------------------2------------------4-------------
E--4------------------0------------------2----------------

The first triplet (three notes played in two beats) in the solo:
E-11----------14----------11----------14------------11------------------
B-----12--11------12--11------12--11--------12--11------14~-------11--
G----------------------------------------------------------------13------

The second triplet
E----14-16-18---14-16-18-16-18-19-16-18-19-18--19--21--21b-------

The triplets I have no advice for other than slowly work your way up. The frets are closer together that high up the neck, so it's easier to user you index, middle and ring fingers to fret those.

The chorus is an arpeggio between a modied G#minor (hold it like a power chord, but lift yuour finger after you pick the A string, then bring it back down over the Gstring), a modified E chord (on the third fret instead of the first) and and F# minor chord.

Fun to play, but you need to have fast hands.

And now that I'm done with Tier 3, on to Tier 4's first song...

ARE YOU GONNA BE MY GIRL
If you have any rhythm at all, it's really easy. Fast, loose, and only one hard part:
THE KEY HOOK.

I link to people if they can describe it better than I can. But that hook:
A. Is hard to transfer to
B. The one part you shouldn't fuck up when playing live.

However, there is one part I figured out on my own: the solo. I have done such a thing before.

E-10------------12--------------10--------------------------------
B----10-12b-10----10-12b--10----10-12b-10-8-10---10-12b-10--

Why this song is so damn popular is for another time...

SETLIST UPDATED



SETLIST UPDATED

No comments: