Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bonked With The Jousting Stick

If you too were a fan of this recently revived show as a kid like I was, you'd get the reference. Especially if you notice that some of the ladies are actually...um... hot, this time around. Hooray, science!

Even with this being the busiest week I have ever experienced so far, I managed to eke out a new song update. Technically I finished this Wednesday night

CRUSHCRUSHCRUSH
I first heard of this band when my friends brought me to Warped Tour 2007. I hadn't really heard of any "new" punk bands at the time, but I figured I'd go anyway, see if anything tickled my fancy. Not a whole lot did, except for Paramore. They sounded like the punk/pop-punk I listened to (Blink 182, Offspring, Green Day) only going a teensy bit into emo. Just enough to intrigue, but not enough to turn me off. Anyway here's the lesson kids:

It's in Drop C# tuning. Tune everything 1/2 a step down, then tune the low E-string one step further. I'll provide tabulature for standard tuning.

Hardest part:
The end-

e-12--11--12p11--9--11--12--11--9--9-----------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G-----------------------------------------------------------------9---6---------
D----------------------------------------------------6-----9--6 ----------------
A----------------------------------------------7--7-----7-----------------------
E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e-----------------------------9\-------
B---------------7-9-7-9---------------
G-8-9--8--9----------------------------
D---------------------------------------
A---------------------------------------
E---------------------------------------
Index finger on 6th fret, pinky on 9th.

Now, for the sake of it, here's the chorus in standard tuning:
e--------------------------------------
B--------------------------------------
G---------------4~----2-2---------4--
D--0-0---2-2---4~----2-2---2-2--4~-
A--0-0---2-2---2~----0-0---2-2--2~-
E--0-0---0-0----------------0-0------

e------------------------------------------------------
B------------------------------------------------------
G-----------4~--2-2-2-2-2--2-2-2-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4--
D-0-0--2-2-4~--2-2-2-2-2--2-2-2-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4--
A-0-0--2-2-2~--0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2--
E-0-0--0-0--------------------------------------------
Pretty easy, would be easier is you tune it down first, but it sounds good in standard tuning as well.

Now for something insignificant:
-Next Team Fortress 2 Update is the Scout. Hooray for bonking! Boo for Red Sox fans!
-Guitar Hero: Arcade coming soon! My setlist speculation coming tomorrow!

SETLIST UPDATE

No comments: