Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Status Quo Sunday Gives You The WHOLE MAT

HOLMAT RECAP
Image may contain: 1 person, text

It's only fitting that this con comes at the end of the year, because A. Both my concert and Holmat Slam went off spectacularly and B. I saw pretty much EVERYONE I knew from the con scene there?

I could only stay one day, and I didn't see much but it was a very fun day. Holiday Matsuri and Anime Iwai, while not the biggest cons, are known for being good "hang out" cons.

All my shows next year, be they a usual Rhythm Bastard performance, or my as of yet unnamed N64 Wrestling Federation will be a lot better, and I'm rejuvenated, between my Patreon and all the success I've had this year to start again in 2018.

WHERE'S THE UNSTABLE SONG, BASTARD?

As a cop out, (and since it went down so well at my Holmat show)
<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/371568662&amp;color=%23ff5500&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;show_teaser=true"></iframe>

For this one, I was going for a more relaxed vibe. That riff is something I was just chilling out with and I wanted to get another song done for Overwatch, so I figured Why Not? Even though I don't McCree AT ALL, "It's High Noon" is a really great lyrical hook.

JAM OF THE WEEK: "Wasted Youth/Everything Louder Than Everything Else" by Meatloaf
<iframe width="400" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XbIds5NWjx0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
There's a little playlist I have of songs that get me hyped up to play at a show. Basically, any song that's uplifting, is meant to be blasted as loud as possible and I can yell along to while I'm blasting 80 on the Florida Turnpike.

First time I heard this song was on an episode of The Echo Chamber where Jeff recited the opening monologue unprovoked and the rest of us were scratching our heads.

Then I actually listened to it.

You know, it's a shame that bands like Dream Theatre and Rush get the credit for making epic songs when Meatloaf  can't seem to write a song shorter than 5 minutes.



No comments: