Monday, September 2, 2013

It's Still Status Quo Sunday Somewhere

PAST MIDNIGHT!!!

Because A. I'm on the East Coast and B. I'm a little drunk right now.

However, most importantly is C. I'm working on a new song as I type.

It's one of those "This is an awesome riff! Let's make a song about it!" type deals. Right now, as it stands, it's heavy, it's groovy, but it's got no lyrics. But who knows, I've gotten ideas from video game loading screens and random YouTube videos.

The objective of this week is my set at UmiCon. The good news, there's some good guests and lots of Magic Drafts. The bad news? Only one half hour set, and I'm 3 hours away from Daytona Beach. Good news? It's a nice hotel with a beach view! Bad news? Can only afford to stay one night. But I will be staying all day Saturday and leaving relatively early on Sunday (like, midafternoon).

EDIT: One project I'm going to be working on today is "Con In A Box". I was looking for a decent sized box to hold my CDs and posters so I'm not carrying it around in a Staples bag. Then I thought, since in addition to that, I'm carrying around a box that also has all my sound stuff (most of which I really don't need), so why not try to put that in there as well?

So that, and fixing my streaming set up is going to be my Labor Day.

And of course preparing for UmiCon :)

Speaking of conventions, I did a write up for Florida Geek Scene, and they posted my videos!

No comments: