Friday, July 22, 2011

NewGrounds Audio Contest Entry Live Blog

Been putting off for a while, now I'm finally putting a song down, because this month's theme is... ZOMBIES!!!

2:23 PM- Spend all day dicking about. Now sitting down to type up the lyrics, listening to a Mario Party Let's Play

2:48 PM- Lyrics all typed up, now getting ready to record vocals. I so badly want to get outside, as I've cooped up all morning playing Halo: Reach DOING GOOD WORK FOR MY COMMUNITY, but the weather in NY right now is about 100F.

3:20 PM- Friend o' mine Koltreg's got two webcomics: Changeling and Socialfist, and by donating to his Kickstarter, you can get signed copies of both the books! I see a lot of potential in these young webcomics, and I'm gonna donate once I'm sure about what the hell is going on in Student Loan county and the Warped Tour jursidiction.

Also I just opened up REAPER, beats all set up. Holler!

4:00 PM- 2/5ths done with the lyrics. Like Robotman's Lament, it's a story driven song, so I'm trying vocals first. My singning lacks intensity when it's this fast, and there's no guitar to go off of. Hopefully it works out.

4:15 PM- 3/5ths. Parents want to go out to see Captain America. I kinda do too, since it's getting really good buzz, and it looks very self-contained.

7:55 PM- Bad news, I went to see Captain America. Good news, it was worth it, I'm full of 7-11 Chicken Strips and am ready to lay down guitar. Also, I discovered that I could either completely pay off one of my student loans or see Warped Tour...

9:58 PM- Shit, I've wasted a lot of time, haven't I? Right, so I've been through two takes, deleted them, not to my liking. At least I'm getting a lock down on what I do want. The way I figure it, I only have another hour, since I need to post it up and stuff.

11:42 PM- FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK! At this point maybe some of the guitar tracks are acceptable. It's done, people are in the house looking to sleep and I only got maybe one good run-through left. FUCK. Prolly not making Warped Tour. FUCK.

No comments: