Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Theme Of This Post Is Green

1. As if you couldn't tell from Twitter, I plunked down the green to join XNA, and be able to play test songs.

Impressions:
"Bang Camaro" and "Nightlife Commando" by Bang Camaro- They were still version 1, but on my run through, it seemed good. A couple inappropriate chucks were charted, but other than that it seemed OK. Hard, but OK.
Bang Camaro brings up odd feelings inside me. I always worry about lyrics like "Will this make sense?" and "Does it convey what I want it to?" or "How does it fit in?"

"Bang Camaro" only had two words: Bang and Camaro. "Nightlife Commando"? More complex at a whopping 5 words: "He was a nightlife commando!" But as always, the guitar parts are not something us mortal men should attempt; they simply resonate forth from these holy guitars in machinations that can only be conceived with awe.

"493 Ruth" by Bomb The Music Industry- All I remember was screaming... and uh... that's about it. It was a fun song, but the sudden changes from two to three chords get a little disorienting. I think the vocals could have been mixed a lot louder.

2. Me and Akira The Don will be makin' green now that "Steven Wells" is in the system. I have a few thoughts on pricing and charging your client for charting, but I'll get into that another time.

3. Green Day Rock Band's demo is out for the PSN. Impressions? Why, yes!
Harmonies: Me and my brother played through both available songs "Welcome to Paradise" and "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams". It felt really good, like we were more into the song because of it. I played through Beatles Rock Band with some friends, and it looked good, but I wasn't as familiar with the songs we did harmonies on. Mostly it was used as an alternate key in the event that we couldn't hit the "main" track.

Welcome To Paradise: Hard as fuck on guitar. Nothing insurmountable, but when Green Day's involved, don't go in expecting a chordfest. Halfway through the song I got the rhythm down, but then the bridge came in.

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams: Bass = boring. One thing I noticed is that they chart the delay in the opening as separate chords. This also happened in Dead Kennedy's "Police Truck".

4. What else is green? Oh, uh... All the weed I sell to childr- I mean, um... Hmm... You know, it would seem like in a blog, I could edit out all those "buying time" words. And that selling drugs to ch-, um, yeah... But Punk Rock, Don't Care.

A solar powered amp! That's what I was thinking of.

No comments: