Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9th, 2011 Videos Of The Week

LIVE VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "White Trash" and "Greenback Fly" by Southern Culture On The Skids


I came upon this song (eewww) via the teaser trailer for the movie that may or may not be coming based on The Goon, the state of which is in a "dissappointed limbo" along side Deadpool.

"White Trash" is short, but with a lot of punch. I like the songs where I feel the riffs being slung at me like sloppy joes by a careless cafeteria lady. Hailing from North Carolina, the redneck schtick is legit, and even speaking as a Northerner, I welcome you and your rockabilly-blues-punk wholeheartedly into my Winamp.

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "Satisfied" by Tom Waits


Tom Waits, I will buy your new album with all my money dollars. The video itself isn't much to look at, but it's a really good song, and Waits has always come from a long line of doing not-videos, which will probably be the subject of next Video Of The Week.

No comments: