Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 3rd, 2011 Videos Of The Week

Here's a band I first heard at the pre-show dance party at Rocky Horror: The Wombats.

LIVE VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "My First Wedding" by The Wombats at The Max in Amsterdam


This was the song I was talking about. It was my first time going, and we were celebrating my friend and his then-GF's joint birthday (born on the same day, how weird is that?). I was going out with a friend of hers, and it was that night me and my friend were de-virginized (to Rocky Horror).

In the few times we've gone since then, this, "American Idiot", and "Here It Goes Again" have always been on regular rotation. The pre-dance parties are a ton of fun, and always full of energy. It's really good for shaking out the "Oh fuck, we gotta leave by 2:30 to catch the 3:19 AM out of Penn or else we're stuck till five in the goddamn morning" out of the system, and getting psyched up to watch a movie.

"My First Wedding" should be required playing at every party.

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "Kill The Director" by The Wombats


This song was about the movie The Holiday, and everything that you've just experienced is too good for a movie I forgot even came out. I haven't even seen Bridget Jones though, so what do I know?

Oh yeah, The Wombats the kick ass.

No comments: